Search This Blog

August 30, 2012

How to use WinMerge to compare the conflict files in TFS?

I am working on TFS build Automation and I need to merge the branch from Dev environment to Test /Stage environment all the time. If we have the conflict files, I would like to use WinMerge to compare them between the target branch and source branch.

If you have WinMerge installed, it is easy to configure in TFS.

Here is the following configuration:

Open Visual Studio -> Tools-> Options-> Visual Studio Team Foundation Server->Configure User Tools->Add

Extension: .*

Operation: Compare

Command : C:\Program Files (x86)\WinMerge\WinMergeU.exe

Arguments: Command: %1 %2 %6 %7



When I merge from the Source branch (Dev) to the Target Branch (Test or Stage), it is easy for me to compare the conflict files.


No comments: