Search This Blog

October 29, 2013

Fix the issue- Missing Option of Connect to Outlook in SharePoint 2010 Team Calendar

Every time when I go to our Project Dashboard, the following JavaScript error appears in IE8.

When I click Team Calendar and try to sync SharePoint 2010 Team Calendar with MS Outlook 2010, the option of “Connect to Outlook” is missing.  It was working fine.  After talking to 2 team members, one has the same issue too, but the other one doesn't.

 After looking into this issue, I learn something as follows:

·         Running sfc /scannow is not useful at all.

·         I use Office 2010, so running Office Diagnostics is not useful because it is for Office 2007 only.

·         There is no owssupp.dll in Office 14 folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14). We don’t need to register it in the machine.

·         SharePoint Stssync Handler is required to appear in Manage Add-ons. It is missing in my IE. [Main Reason]

How to fix this issue?  It is pretty easy.

Go to Programs and Features-> Right Click Microsoft Office 2010-> Change->  Choose Repair.  

After that, the following issues are fixed.

JavaScript error goes away in Project Dashboard.

The option of “Connect to Outlook” appears in SharePoint 2010.

SharePoint Stssync Handler appears in Manage Add-ons

October 28, 2013

Using COLLATE Latin1_General_CS_AS can search the right data

Last Friday I found out an interesting issue. The data was not showing up in the Silverlight UI, but the data has the value in the table in SQL Server 2008 R2.

After investigating the issue with our product owner, also a GIS analyst, we finally found out it was the data load issue.

One of the ArcGIS domain values is “Unknown”.  When we do something in the Silverlight UI, the value of “Unknown” is saved in the table. But they used ‘unknown’ to do the data load, which causes the current issue in Silverlight UI.

In order to find out how many rows have “unknown” value, we use the following SQL command because adding COLLATE Latin1_General_CS_AS will not return any “Unknown” data.

select colum1
FROM table
where colum1 COLLATE Latin1_General_CS_AS = 'unknown'

The table has 10, 000+ rows with “unknown” value.  After updating the value from unknown to Unknown, the data is showing up in Silverlight UI perfectly.