Search This Blog

June 3, 2015

How to transfer data from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 Plus via iTunes?

I got a used iPhone 6 Plus from my wife. If I would like to transfer data from my iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 Plus, here are the easy steps. I transferred the data successfully.

Reset iPhone 6 Plus.

Use USB to connect to iPhone 5 and Windows 7 laptop. It opens iTunes automatically.

Backup data in iPhone 5 first.

Use USB to connect to iPhone 6 plus and Windows 7 laptop.

Follow the instructions in iPhone 6 Plus and do step by step.

You will see Restore from iTunes backup.

Choose the name of iPhone 5 to restore and it takes about 10-20 minutes to transfer the data.

During the credit card setup in Apple Pay, I was not aware that my credit card in my apple account was expired. The setup was not working.  After I updated the credit card in my apple account, it was not working either because iTunes was not smart and didn’t sync well to iPhone 6 Plus.  I skipped the setup and did it later.

Follow the instruction in iPhone 6 Plus again and finally you will see all data is transferred successfully. 

No comments: