Today I find one interesting issue in SOATest tool. Our developers have recently updated the namespaces in the data contracts that support “http”. For example,
Old: <ns1:Addresses xmlns:ns1=www.XXX.Com/member/06/01/2015
New: <ns1:Addresses xmlns:ns1="http://www.XXX.com/member/06/01/2015"
We have so many tests that it is not easy to tell which one has refreshed the WSDL in WCF methods. Our tests are using Value Assertion to validate the data elements in WCF response. After running all tests, all tests passed.
I noticed that in some tests, the data returned was all blank in WCF response. I could not believe that all assertion tests still passed. That’s really surprising.
After updating WSDL again, the data returned can show all elements in WCF response.