Search This Blog

March 10, 2016

Visual Studio 2015: Use the ordered test to run multiple coded web performance tests at a time.

This week, I installed Visual Studio 2015 update 1. After that, I notice that I can’t run selected tests including coded web performance tests in Test List Editor. I can’t run them in Test Explorer either.

However, In Visual Studio 2013, I can use Test List Editor to run selected tests without any issue (Please see The Feature Is Back- Visual Studio 2013 Can Run Selected Tests in Test List Editor).

In this situation, how do I run multiple coded web performance tests at a time in Visual Studio 2015 IDE directly?

  • In coded web performance tests, I need to add IncludeWebTest in the source code. Right Click on this test and choose "Run Coded Web Performance Test". It will run multiple tests at a time. (Note: this is not what I want because it is not user-friendly and coded web performance tests are not supported in Test Explorer.)
  •  Create a new Load Test that contains many coded web performance tests. (Note: This is not what I want because I don’t want to do the load test before coded web performance tests are working.)

  •  Add a new ordered test that contains many coded web performance tests. This time, I can use Test Explorer to run this order test.(Note: Don’t try to put all tests in one ordered test. We can put several tests in one ordered tests.)







I would say Visual Studio 2015 IDE doesn’t provide good design to run multiple coded web performance tests at a time.

No comments: