Search This Blog

August 15, 2016

Fixed the issue: HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() throws 500 error

Today one of our automated tests failed. After looking into this issue, I noticed that in this test case, we need to verify the http status code of some links.

The interesting part is that one external link is always working, but HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() always returned the error code 500.

After doing some research, I added the code (Yellow) in our utility class. After running the test again, the test passed.

string url="";
HttpWebRequest myWebRequest = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);

myWebRequest.UserAgent = "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)"; 

WebResponse myWebResponse = myWebRequest.GetResponse();

No comments: