Search This Blog

March 21, 2013

Fixed the issue: Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010 breaks the feature of TFS Open Selection in Microsoft Excel


I installed Microsoft Data Explorer for Excel 2010 successfully last week and I can still use TFS 2010 to export work items to Excel without any issue. Today after I installed Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010, the interesting part is that I could not export TFS work items to Excel.  I got the following error:

The document cannot be opened because there is a problem with the installation of the Microsoft Visual Studio v10.0 Team foundation Office integration components…….

(My Environment: Windows 7 X64 SP1 + Visual Studio 2010 SP1 + Office 2010 SP1)



That being said, Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010 breaks the feature of TFS Open Selection in Microsoft Excel.



After looking into this issue, I tried the following command line and it was still not working.

Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\TFSOfficeAdd-in.dll"

I tried another one and it is working as expected.

Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\TFSOfficeAdd-in.dll"

If Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010 breaks the feature of TFS Open Selection in Microsoft Excel, you can try the way above. It should work for you.


No comments: