Search This Blog

August 23, 2014

Fixed the issue: iTunes could not back up iPhone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone

This morning my wife spoke to me that our 2 iPhones are quailed for “iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program” and told me to back up my iPhone 5 into my laptop via iTunes.

Therefore, I connected my iPhone 5 to Windows 7 laptop, opened iTunes and clicked “Back up now “ button. But  I got the following error message.

iTunes could not back up iPhone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone.


After looking into this issue, here are my steps to fix it.

Close iTunes , disconnect and reconnect iPhone 5 to laptop

Delete the files below the Backup folder

C:\Users\ray\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Copy the files of video and photos from iPhone 5 to D drive 

Delete all video and photos


Open iTunes , do the backup again and you are all set.

No comments: