Search This Blog

July 25, 2012

VSTS Web Performance Test: Fix the issue of Request failed: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel

Today my colleague told me if I can use VSTS 2010 to automate MicroStrategy 9 BI Web Portal over https protocol because he wants to run BVTs every day.




I tried 2 different ways:

Coded UI Test:

It can be automated without any issue. You need to logout first before you run the test again.

Web Performance Test:

After recording the test, it shows the error: Request failed: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

After spending some time investigating this issue, I need to add the following source code to let the test pass.

ServicePointManager.Expect100Continue = true;
ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3; 

In this case, Coded UI Test is the best solution for MicroStrategy 9 BI Web Portal.

No comments: