Search This Blog

August 1, 2013

Renew Burn Down Chart Email Subscription When A New Sprint Starts

On March 20, 2013, I wrote a post about Burn Down Chart: Let’s Subscribe! . Some interesting things happen about the email subscription when a new Sprint starts

1.      If I don’t delete the existing email subscription , the old Burn Down Chart is still sent to people every morning.

2.      If team would like to change the Sprint Date from 7/15 to 8/5 to 7/30 to 8/24, I need to update start date and end date . I don’t have to change iteration path parameter as follows:





I wonder TFS can refresh email subscription automatically, but it is not. The old Sprint Burn Down Chart is still sent to people.



Therefore, every time when a new Sprint starts, I need to delete the old email subscription and add a new one even if the Burn down Chart in Project Dashboard is correct.


I don’t feel surprised because the email subscription is not smart enough. 

No comments: