Search This Blog

October 30, 2014

Parasoft SOAtest: Fixed the issue of WCF: Content Type application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8 was not supported.

Today we had the new deployment to Test Environment. After the deployment, running tests via SOAtest showed the following error.

Message: Content Type application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8 was not supported by service http://xxxxxxxx.svc.  The client and service bindings may be mismatched.

Since we didn’t have any change in data contract in WCF, I needed to know what caused this issue. I tried the following ways.

Updated WSDL : the error still appeared.

Service Account: this one had the issue. After we fixed it, the error still appeared.

I  added one SOAP Client and added the URL. This time I got the different SOAP version. It just showed “Find” , not Find SOAP 1.2.  That explained why I saw the error message above.

Our Developer noticed that Bindings section was missing in web.config compared to the last build. After adding it and deploying to Test environment again, the error message above was gone.

No comments: