Search This Blog

July 4, 2007

Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

Today, I tried to install QuickBooks, but unfortunately it failed. I thought it might be the CD problem. Finally I found if I wanted to install it, only what I could do was to copy 2 folders to my local drive and clicked setup.exe. The installation setup should be working.
Unfortunately, there was one file that I couldn’t copy to my local drive. The error message is as follows:

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I had 2 things in my mind at that time. One was CD problem and the other one was CD-ROM problem. Therefore, I asked Christine to use her laptop to copy that file from CD to her local drive. It worked.

Therefore, I copied the file from her laptop, pasted to mine and the installation setup was working in my laptop.

Next time if you suffer from this problem, just check if there is something wrong with your CD and CD-ROM. You will get the answer!

No comments: